Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Goodbye Nicki and Nyya


Hello, from the ranch. I had eight horses living here, five are boarders. One day a large horse trailer arrived and took Nicki, a lovely white Arabian mare, and her pasture mate a tall, leggy saddlebred-Arab bay mare, off to their new home in Canada. Their mom had already made the move and was excitedly awaiting their arrival.

The long, sleek horse trailer pulled into the barnyard and the girls walked aboard like the brave, sweet horsies they are.

Nicki had been the second horse to come to my ranch. She arrived in October 2002, a little underweight. She soon gained the pounds she needed to be in good health. Her owner and I became good friends over the years. Nyya (pronounced Neigh-ah) arrived only a few month ago, and she was purchased to keep Nicki company on the two-day trip to their new home.





As the long, sleek trailer pulled out of the barnyard to start the long, two-day trip to their new home, the other horses nicker farewell. I think they understood that we'd never see Nicki or Nyya again. But that's a good thing. Their at home now, with their mom, who can take care of them and love them maybe even more than I did.

It wasn't long and someone new found my ranch. She will be moving in a gelding and a mare in the next couple of weeks. So life on Menagerie Ranch goes on. I'll never forget Nicki and Nyya, but I'm looking forward to meeting the new arrivals. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment